If you don't clean up things that pests like or take steps to keep them out of your house, they can get inside and possibly start a fire.
The bathroom exhaust fan is one of the most overlooked fire hazards in a home. If you have an old, dusty exhaust fan, the motor can overheat and start a fire.
Cleaning your rangehood on a regular basis can keep grease fires and fires caused by smoking cooking oil from happening.
It's easy to ignore overgrown trees and bushes around your house because you can't always see them from inside.
Cotton rags used for stains should be put in a metal can with a tight-fitting lid and soaked in a solution of water and detergents for three days before being thrown away.
When you use your hairdryer every day, debris, hair, and dust start to build up and can be dangerous.
People usually just push the lawnmower into their shed or garage after using it and forget about it until they need to mow the lawn again.
Every time you use it, you need to clean up the crumbs and make sure nothing is touching the heat source.
If you don't make an effort to dust your home on a regular basis, you could be making a fire hazard